Have you ever listened to podcasts that interest you? It seems everyone has one and you can find one to match almost any interest, from cooking to parenting to politics. That range expands to careers as well, and some of these inspiring podcasts may help you improve your career in the process. You don’t have to do it all yourself — let some of the experts give you advice.
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. A former professional Arena League football player and best-selling New York Times author, Howes’ podcast looks at common qualities of successful people. Listen for stories of inspiration from celebrities, athletes and business people, as well as its focus on resilience (something to add to your life if you’re dealing with a missed job opportunity or a difficult boss).
- Tara Brach. This may not seem like a typical career booster, but Brach, a Buddhist meditation teacher, helps you find your center and breathe, something we often forget to do when faced with stress from any areas of your life. Brach’s podcast reminds us that sometimes we need to forgo the adrenaline rush for a bit of relaxation to focus on the present and simply “being.”
- The Charged Life with Brendon Burchard. Another New York TImes best-selling author, Burchard will help you if you need a positive attitude change or some serious motivation. As a high-performance expert, he examines what makes us feel alive as humans and what drives or “charges” us.
- The James Altucher Show. Altucher manages to be funny and thought-provoking on this podcast. A former hedge fund manager, Altucher became a best-selling author (notice a pattern here?) who doesn’t pull punches, creating honest shows with thought leaders such as Seth Godin, Austin Kleon and Tim Ferriss. He asks the difficult questions that will make you think differently and want to create something new.
- Being Boss with Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon. For anyone who wants to run their own business or get control over their own life and career, this is the podcast to listen to. Thompson and Shannon fill the podcast with practical advice for creating that ultimate job, whether within your current position or finally starting that side job you always meant to.
- This is Your Life with Michael Hyatt. If you have trouble with those little parts in your life that could make you feel more productive (become a morning person, up your energy, avoid perfectionism, delegate well, say “no”), listen to this podcast. A former publishing house CEO, Hyatt has practical advice for just about any career challenge you have.
So next time you have a long commute, cook dinner or take a walk, think about listening to at least one of these podcasts to boost your career. If you’re ready to take your job search to the next level, partner with the recruiting professionals at PrideStaff Thousand Oaks Ventura County.